Congratulations on deciding to teach online using our LIVE online teaching tools!
Before your first class takes off, you need to ensure that you have:
- A stable internet connection with at least 2 MBps speed
- A computer or mobile with a working camera, microphone and headset
- The latest version of Zoom installed on your computer or mobile
- A well lit and quiet working place to avoid distractions
- Your class notes and teaching points ready on your computer or mobile
- A digital pad & pen or a physical board or a notebook to write on
To begin teaching, you need to schedule a class for your students. By scheduling classes, you can easily send all the class related communication and reminders to your students easily. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to schedule a class on UrbanPro Live.
On the day of your class, log in to your UrbanPro account or your UrbanPro for Tutor App, at least 5 mins before the class starts and click on Launch Class. To learn more refer to how to launch a class on UrbanPro Live.
Your first class plays a vital role in a student and parent making the decision to take further classes from you or not. Here are some tips on how you can make their first class with you more memorable:
- Share the class schedule and agenda in advance with the student.
- Ensure that (s)he has received the link to join the class.
- Explain how the platform audio-video, screen sharing, chat, video, etc work to students
- Elaborate on your teaching style and syllabus
- Make a personal connection through introductions and frequent interactions
- Teach a concept through examples and visuals
- Get feedback from students through concept checkers and post-session discussion
Your students will get a notification through email, SMS and app notification 30 minutes before the online class is scheduled to start. They can join your class by clicking on the link provided in the scheduled class email or by logging in to their UrbanPro account and clicking on the Scheduled tab.
The join class notification will show up under the Upcoming tab. Please ensure that your student has joined with video and audio in your online class.