Uploading your class notes to UrbanPro will allow your students to access the study material anywhere anytime from their mobile or computer. To share your existing class notes with your students, please ensure that you have PDF files of your class notes. If you have the notes on paper then you can scan them using popular pdf scanning mobile apps such as CamScanner, Microsoft Office Lens etc. and save separate PDF files for each unit such that you can create modular courses.
Please follow the below steps to upload and share your class notes from the mobile app and the website.
From the mobile app
1. Launch the app
2. Login to the App
3. Click on Students
4. Select the student you want to share content with
5. On the top of the screen click on the Content tab
6. Click on the Add Content button
7. Click on +ADD NEW
8. Now click on Document (since we are trying to share class notes)
9. On the next screen add the name of the unit the notes are for. You can add the file using one of the two available options
Option 1: If you have already uploaded all your files on UrbanPro, select “Use document from your files” and select the file you want to share
Option 2: If you want to upload files from your mobile or computer, select “Upload a new document” and click on BROWSE, select the file from your mobile or computer and confirm.
10. Click on Save and you will see the confirmation screen
11. To exit the screen simply click on the X in the top left corner of the screen
Now you can see the notes in the content section of the student.
From the Website
1. Log into your UrbanPro account
2. Click on the Students tab
3. Now select the student you want to share the notes with
4. Click on the Content tab
5. Click on Add Content
6. On the next screen click on +ADD NEW
7. From the drop-down, select Document
8. Enter the name of the unit to which the notes belong. You have two options to upload documents
Option 1: If you have already uploaded the document on UrbanPro click on Select File and choose the file you want to share
Option 2: If this is the first time you are sharing the document click on Browse to upload the file
9. Click on SAVE to save the changes made
The notes you have shared will now show up under the Content Tab
Your student will now be able to see the content in their own UrbanPro accounts. You can restrict access to the content you share, any time you’d like.
Note: Whenever the first student is added to any class you teach, our system creates a course, which is available under the courses section. Hence this content will also be available under the courses section and course content of that.