To ensure that the interests of both students and teachers are protected, we have built a payment method into our platform. At the moment It is available on the UrbanPro for Tutors app right now.
Before you can collect payments from students, you’ll need to link your bank account to the app.
Linking your bank account
To link your bank account to the app, please follow these steps
1. Launch the UrbanPro for Tutors app
2. Click on Students
3. Click on any student
4. Click on Info
5. Click on Account Transfer
6. Click on Add Bank Account
7. Fill in the details on the page and click on “Sign Up”
Requesting for payments from the mobile app
To collect pending payments from students you need to follow the first 4 steps mentioned above.
Once you are in the info tab you’ll be able to see that a request payment option is now showing up.
1. Click on Request Payment
2. Click on Edit
3. Make any change you want to. Once done, click on Send Payment Request
Once the payment is requested, your students will be notified and a payment link will be shared with them. You can share the link with them too from the page that comes after you click on Request Payment.
Requesting for payments from the website
1. Log into your UrbanPro account
2. Click on the Students tab from the dashboard
3. Now click on the student you want to request a payment from
4. Click on the Info tab
5. Click on Request Payment
6. If all the information is correct, copy the link and share it with the student via message or email
7. If you want to change anything click on Edit
8. Make any changes that you need to and click on Request Payment
9. You will then get a screen showing you a confirmation that request has been sent to the student
Why you need a bank account?
When you teach online, there is every chance that the student you teach is someone you have never met before. You may be uncomfortable about receiving payments AFTER the classes have been conducted. The student may be uncomfortable paying BEFORE the classes are conducted.
To break the stalemate, we take the payment from the student and hold it in escrow till the classes are conducted. Once they are and you request the payment be made, we transfer it to you via a bank account. Hence the need to have a linked bank account.
Will you have to pay UrbanPro a commission?
There are three ways you can get students for Online Classes on UrbanPro:
a) Convert students using UrbanPro Enquiries (Premium Members only)
b) Bring your own Students (Premium Members only)
c) Convert Students via Online Demo Classes (UrbanPro Assured Members)
For a) and b), UrbanPro charges a commission of 5% of the transacted amount if you collect payments using the UrbanPro LIVE platform.
For c), where you get students via Online Demo Classes through the UrbanPro Assured program, we charge a fee which you can read about here.