UrbanPro ensures that every learning enquiry is filtered through multiple checks so that our educators get the enquiries that have genuine learning intent.
However, every enquiry is shared with multiple educators i.e. Tutors, Trainers & Coaching Institutes. UrbanPro places a cap on the maximum number of responses that any enquiry can receive, in order to limit the competition that any average Tutor might face in getting a conversion from an enquiry. This limit ranges from 5 in certain categories to 10 in others.
In order to get more conversions, you will have to do better than your competitors. UrbanPro recommends that you follow the guidelines listed below to ace the competition and maximize your chances of converting your enquiries.
A. Check your profile on UrbanPro
Since learners have multiple Tutors, Trainers or Institutes to choose from, they compare the quality of each profile before they select someone as their Tutor. So, we at UrbanPro, strongly recommend that every educator should ensure that the following checklist is implemented completely in order to create a great profile on UrbanPro:
- Mention your complete name on the profile page. Don't use abbreviations - like T. Kumar or B. R. Reddy. As far as possible use your complete name.
- Upload a high-resolution front-facing profile picture or the logo of your institute. A great looking profile image can project a very professional outlook for your prospective students - helping you stand out from others.
- List all the languages that you can speak. It is recommended that you adopt English as one of your languages for teaching since that is what gets the highest demand. However, you should list all the languages that you can use for teaching students. This will help you get matched to enquiries that ask to be taught in specific languages.
- Write a good covering note in your Profile Description addressing key questions that your prospective students may have. It is recommended that you write at least 300 words of Profile Description talking about:
- Your strongest profile credentials or qualifications
- Your rewards or recognitions
- Your success stories
- Verify your Phone Number on UrbanPro. Visit your profile dashboard on UrbanPro to find out how to verify your phone number.
- Verify your Email-Id on UrbanPro. Visit your account on UrbanPro to find out how to verify your email-id. You can also check the inbox of your registered email id to see if you got any instructions from UrbanPro regarding this.
- Get at least 5 positive reviews (of 4 stars or 5 stars) from your existing or past students. Higher the number of positive reviews, better you will stand out vs your competitors in the same category.
- Get your Identity Proof verified on UrbanPro. Getting your ID verified on UrbanPro gives your prospective students a strong reason to trust your profile and increases your chances of getting more enquiries converted to students.
- Upload an Introductory Video about what you teach, your teaching methods and the highlights of your profile. Consider this to be an elevator pitch to prospective students or their parents regarding why they should pick you as their Tutor.
- Add at least 2 photos to the Photo Gallery and at least 2 videos to the Video Gallery on your UrbanPro Profile. Such details add more relevant information to your UrbanPro profile, giving more visual confirmation of your experience and background as a Tutor.
- Verify your Educational Qualifications on UrbanPro. This gives your prospective students a reason to trust your profile credentials and take the next step of contacting you for further discussions.
Above steps will ensure that your profile has all the necessary information that can help anyone looking for trusted, qualified and experienced educators.
B. Draft a great first response (your cover note)
- Draft a detailed cover-note in your first response to an enquiry. Please ensure you mention the most salient aspects of your experience and qualifications in the cover note.
- Include a competitive price quotation. Make sure you check UrbanPro Tuition Fee Calculator to get an estimate of how much you should charge for tuition in any category.
- Offer a free demo for quick closure. Most learners would want to schedule personal interaction before they can choose their tutor. They will appreciate if you can offer a free demo to address all their concerns
- Send a message on Whatsapp in case you do not get a reply within 24 hours of your first contact.
C. Follow up, but do not spam
- Show patience. Learners will appreciate if you can wait patiently for them to reply to your first message. It might be overwhelming for them to get responses from multiple educators. They would take their time to compare, contrast and then close their requirement with the person who fits their requirement the best. Please respect their wish not to be spammed if they do not reply to your gentle reminders.
- Leave up to 2 gentle reminders for them to reply back to your message. It might help to share certain testimonial videos of your past students or link to your recorded videos on YouTube - to help them make a decision faster.
- Exit gracefully if required and ask for referrals. In case you do not get a reply after 1st and 2nd reminder, leave your contact details and share a gentle note requesting them to share any references they may have. It's wiser to leave with a good impression and a possibility of getting a future referral from them, rather than burning the bridge by venting your frustration or anger on them for any reason.
Please do NOT aim for conversion from every enquiry. UrbanPro can only ensure phone-verified enquiries from users who visited us after searching on Google with high-intent keywords such as 'home tutors near me' or 'online math tutors'. Your ability to convert such enquiries will depend completely on you following the guidelines mentioned here. However, following these guidelines can only improve your chances of getting conversions. There is no way to offer a guarantee of conversion for every enquiry.
You should evaluate your overall Return on Investment (over 6 to 12 months recommended) to be able to establish yourself as a successful educator on UrbanPro. If you are able to get 1 conversion out of every 10 enquiries you are in very good company. Most Tutors are able to get recurring transactions that extend beyond a month from every conversion. This improves their ROI (return on investment) further. In most cases, Tutors have reported more than 10 times the return on their investment with UrbanPro. However, they also recommend sticking with the platform for at least 1 year to get the best ROI.
In case you feel you have followed the guidelines mentioned above but you still need further help in improving your ROI you should contact us by filling up the form here.