What is the UrbanPro Tutor Partner program?
The UrbanPro Tutor Partner program offers both educators and learners a higher level of assurance regarding:
- Better matching for educators since they will be charged coins only if students respond to the interest/quote sent by educators and attend Live Demos offered by them.
- Better quality of leads since the Tutor Partner program aims to match tutors with only the most serious of students.
How does it work for Tutor Partners?
Following is what you can expect if you are selected as a tutor Partner on UrbanPro:
- Learners will post their requirements on UrbanPro and you will be able to submit your interest in teaching the learners.
- There will be no limit to the number of learners you can send your interest to. You will also not be charged anything for submitting your interest.
- You will be charged coins only when you connect with the student via a demo, call or a message.
- Your coin consumption reduces since you will only be charged when you connect with the student.
- After every Demo that is attended, learners will receive a link to make an advance payment for them to begin their classes with you.
- You will be charged a commission for every payment made by a learner to you via UrbanPro Secure Pay. Please note that as a Tutor Partner you will be required to receive payments from learners only via UrbanPro Secure Pay.
- Your ranking on UrbanPro will influence the decision of Learners to book a demo with you. Your ranking, in turn, will depend on the conversion rate of your Demos (Demo Success Rate)
How can I improve my Demo Success Rate and rank higher?
In order to improve your Demo Success Rate, you will have to do better than your competitors. UrbanPro recommends that you follow the guidelines listed below to ace the competition and maximize your chances of converting your demos.
A. Check your profile on UrbanPro
Since learners have multiple tutors, trainers or institutes to choose from, they compare the quality of each profile before they select someone as their Tutor. So, we at UrbanPro, strongly recommend that every educator should ensure that the following checklist is implemented completely in order to create a great profile on UrbanPro:
- Mention your complete name on the profile page. Don't use abbreviations - like T. Kumar or B. R. Reddy. As far as possible use your complete name.
- Upload a high-resolution front-facing profile picture or the logo of your institute. A great looking profile image can project a very professional outlook for your prospective students - helping you stand out from others.
- List all the languages that you can speak. It is recommended that you adopt English as one of your languages for teaching since that is what gets the highest demand. However, you should list all the languages that you can use for teaching students. This will help you get matched to enquiries that ask to be taught in specific languages.
- Write a good covering note in your Profile Description addressing key questions that your prospective students may have. It is recommended that you write at least 300 words of Profile Description talking about:
- Your strongest profile credentials or qualifications
- Your rewards or recognitions
- Your success stories
- Verify your Phone Number on UrbanPro. Visit your profile dashboard on UrbanPro to find out how to verify your phone number.
- Verify your Email-Id on UrbanPro. Visit your account on UrbanPro to find out how to verify your email-id. You can also check the inbox of your registered email id to see if you got any instructions from UrbanPro regarding this.
- Get at least 5 positive reviews (of 4 stars or 5 stars) from your existing or past students. Higher the number of positive reviews, better you will stand out vs your competitors in the same category.
- Get your Identity Proof verified on UrbanPro. Getting your ID verified on UrbanPro gives your prospective students a strong reason to trust your profile.
- Upload an Introductory Video about what you teach, your teaching methods and the highlights of your profile. Consider this to be an elevator pitch to prospective students or their parents regarding why they should pick you as their Tutor.
- Add at least 2 photos to the Photo Gallery and at least 2 videos to the Video Gallery on your UrbanPro Profile. Such details add more relevant information to your UrbanPro profile, giving more visual confirmation of your experience and background as a Tutor.
- Verify your Educational Qualifications on UrbanPro. This gives your prospective students a reason to trust your profile credentials and take the next step of booking a demo with you.
Above steps will ensure that your profile has all the necessary information that can help anyone looking for trusted, qualified and experienced educators.
B. Draft a great first response (your cover note)
- Draft a detailed cover-note in your first response to any demo request. Please ensure you mention the most salient aspects of your experience and qualifications in the cover note.
- Include a competitive price quotation. Make sure you check UrbanPro Tuition Fee Calculator to get an estimate of how much you should charge for tuition in any category.
C. Follow up, but do not spam
- Show patience. Learners will appreciate if you can wait patiently for them to reply to your first message. It might be overwhelming for them to get responses from multiple educators. They would take their time to compare, contrast and then close their requirement with the person who fits their requirement the best. Please respect their wish not to be spammed if they do not reply to your gentle reminders.
- Leave up to 2 gentle reminders for them to reply back to your message. It might help to share certain testimonial videos of your past students or link to your recorded videos on YouTube - to help them make a decision faster.
- Exit gracefully if required and ask for referrals. In case you do not get a reply after 1st and 2nd reminder, leave your contact details and share a gentle note requesting them to share any references they may have. It's wiser to leave with a good impression and a possibility of getting a future referral from them, rather than burning the bridge by venting your frustration or anger on them for any reason.
Please note that your ability to convert demo attendees will depend completely on you following the guidelines mentioned here. It will also depend on the competition you face for that attendee since every learner would normally attend 2 to 3 demo sessions with different educators before they make their final payment.
In case you feel you have followed the guidelines mentioned above but you still need further help in improving your Demo Success Rate you should contact us by filling up the form here.