Protecting your earnings and bank account safety is crucial when it comes to online payments. We want to ensure that you are alert and vigilant against these cyber activities which might lead to loss of your money.
You can be tricked into sending payments instead of receiving payments.
Cases have been reported across the web where offenders posed as a student and sent a link or a QR code to tutors for any online transaction. Once the tutor entered an OTP/PIN - the money would get deducted from the tutor’s bank account.
We request you to be aware of such activities and review payment details before completing any online transaction (particularly UPI).
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Read payment details carefully: Always read the payment details written on the screen, details such as amount, debit or credit among others will be mentioned.
- UPI PIN is only required to send money: Always remember, Your UPI PIN is only needed to send money and check balance. Receiving payments needs no PIN. In case someone asks you to enter your PIN, it means you are approving an outward payment, i.e. a payment from your bank account to the other person.
- Download trusted Apps: Always ensure you download only trusted Apps in order to prevent any mishaps.
- DO NOT share UPI PIN: Never share your UPI PIN on websites or forms sent to you via links from unknown people.
If you suspect a fraud, we recommend you to immediately follow the steps given below:
- Report the transactions to your bank.
- Reach out to the cyber crime police department in your local jurisdiction.
- Refer to GooglePay and Phonepe support articles on how to protect your transactions and be safe.
To avoid such payment frauds, we would strongly recommend you to use UrbanPro Secure Pay for your tuition fees transactions. It is 100% safe and offers multiple payment methods - Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking UPI and wallets such as MobiKwik, Paytm, CCAvenue and FreeCharge. Read more about UrbanPro Secure Pay and start receiving your tuition fees safely.
Please sign in to leave a comment.