Effective from 24th Sep 2021
In order to connect with students on UrbanPro and to interact with them, you require UrbanPro Coins. Coins are nothing but UrbanPro currency. Coins enable you to respond to a student enquiry through call, message and/or a Demo session to be booked with you. Tutors with UrbanPro Coins also rank above Tutors without any coins.
In simple terms, look at UrbanPro Coins usage as the lead generation fee that you pay to UrbanPro. You earn the deducted coins back as soon as a Student pays for your classes. Tutors, once well established on UrbanPro, don’t need to purchase coins as every payment from Student keeps adding more coins into their UrbanPro account.
You can purchase coins by selecting one of the coin packages available on the platform. Once you complete the payment, coins will be immediately credited to your UrbanPro account. You can then start responding to student enquiries and also start receiving Demo bookings.
Each category has different costs and you might be charged more for some categories than others.
Coins are charged and refunded based on the following:
- All enquiries (that you respond to or where Student contacts you) will be charged depending on the Initial Activity Score of the Enquiry. The activity score depends on how active the student is on UrbanPro for hiring a Tutor.
- Tutors will automatically receive certain refunds if the Final Activity Score is lower than the Initial Activity Score.
- The Activity Score goes up as a student moves further in their search on UrbanPro by
- Posting a Phone verified enquiry
- Connecting with Tutor on a message or a virtual call with a Tutor
- Booking a Demo with a Tutor
- Attending a Demo with a Tutor or receiving a payment link from the Tutor
What are Enquiries?
Enquiries are the requirements for tuition received by UrbanPro from various students. Each Enquiry shared with Tutors is:
- DETAILED: At least 3 different questions related to the category are answered - City/Pincode, Location - Online or Offline & other questions varying from category to category
- PHONE-VERIFIED: An OTP is sent to the registered phone number and the lead is shared only if it is OTP-verified by the student. This ensures that the phone number of the students is genuine.
- INTENT-VERIFIED: It is mandatory for each student to mention the timeline they have in mind to hire a Tutor. They can choose from - “Immediately”, “Within a Month” or “Just exploring”
- BUDGET-VERIFIED: For some categories, especially K-12 Tuitions, students are asked to specify their budget for hiring a tutor.
What are Demos?
- Demos are Higher-Intent Enquiries since the Student has chosen to book a Demo after posting their requirement and comparing multiple Tutor profiles or intro videos.
- Since each Demo is a Higher-Intent Enquiry, we charge additional Coins for every Demo booked by the Student.
What are Activity Scores?
- UrbanPro will be assigning an Initial and Final Activity Score to every student enquiry.
- The Activity Scores signify the intent of the student and the level of their activity with Tutors on UrbanPro.
- The Initial Activity Score will decide the number of Coins charged for responding to any enquiry.
- The Final Activity Score at the end of the 30-day time period decides the number of Coins that will be automatically refunded to the Tutors.
Following Activity Scores (& their Final Coins Charged) are possible:
Say, the Base Price for a category is 50 Coins.he following scenarios will emerge, depending on the Initial & Final Activity Scores of the Student. (Here X=50 Coins,, as an example)
A Response made by a Tutor or
A direct contact from a Student
A Demo Booked with a Student
1X (or 50 coins in this example)
2X (or 100 coins) if 1X coins were not deducted earlier
Additional 1X (or 50 coins) if 1X coins were deducted earlier for a response by a Tutor or a contact from a student
Final Pricing (after 30 days of the enquiry getting posted)
Like earlier, 1X (or 50 coins) will be refunded if the Demo booked by a student was cancelled within 2 hours of the Demo getting booked.
Tutors will automatically receive a refund after 30 days of the enquiry getting posted if the Final Pricing of the enquiry is lower than the Initial Pricing of the enquiry
- UrbanPro will not be able to refund coins for cases where the Tutor responded to an enquiry but was not able to connect with the student, as long as the student connected with at least one tutor on UrbanPro.
- It is important for Tutors to respond to enquiries only after reviewing the details of the enquiry posted.
- Customer service can not refund coins, as refunds are automatically issued based on a data-driven algorithm and the policy as outlined in this document,
Please be aware that not every enquiry you respond to, will convert. The system is designed in a way that if you have higher than average conversion rate and ticket size, you will earn enough bonus coins on student payments and in most cases will not require any further coins purchase.
But as an initial investment to get established, you are required to purchase UrbanPro Coins. This ensures that only those Tutors, who are serious and who provide good quality classes, eventually get established as Top Tutors on UrbanPro.
Note that Top Tutors are earning between Rs. 40,000 to 1,00,000 on the Platform, so there is clear evidence that the platform really works particularly once you get established as one of the Top Tutors on UrbanPro.
We wish you all the best and really hope to see you among the most successful Top Tutor Partners on UrbanPro.