UrbanPro.com is currently India’s largest platform for connecting educators and learners in 1000+ categories. With over 6.5 Lakh registered educators across India offering their service for home, personalized, group and online teaching, it has become a trusted source of finding educators for:
- Parents looking for tuitions for their children
- Professionals looking for additional skills to add to their resume
- Test preparation for competitive exams such as IIT JEE, NEET, UPSC, Bank PO etc
- Learners interested in taking up hobby classes or learning new languages
One has to go through multiple steps before any enquiry is approved on UrbanPro.com. Only these approved enquiries are matched and sent to a relevant set of educators. The following flowchart describes how UrbanPro.com ensures that every enquiry our educators receive - is not only relevant, phone-verified but also matches specific requirements of every educator.
- Posted Enquiry: An enquiry for any particular category needs to have all relevant information filled up before it can be considered for approval and matching. The number of questions posed to the user varies from category to category. In case you would like UrbanPro to ask additional questions - please write to email@example.com. Just as an example, an enquiry for Class 12 Tuition is posted only if it has an answer to all the questions below:
- What is your location?
- Which location would you prefer for your class?
- Which board of education are you looking for?
- Which of the following ___ board subjects do you require tuition for?
- Full name
- Mobile number
- Let few interested Class 12 Tuition Teachers call me or send me a WhatsApp message (Yes/No)
- Approved Enquiry: Once an enquiry is posted on UrbanPro.com, the phone number needs to be verified before it can be approved. In order to get the phone number verified, we use the OTP method wherein a random OTP is sent to the phone number entered in the enquiry details. Only if that random OTP is entered by the user - do we allow that enquiry to be marked as ‘approved’. While the majority of the posted enquiries get approved with OTP, the remaining users are called through IVR (interactive voice response) or in rare cases, manually to check if their requirement is genuine. So, an enquiry gets approved only if the phone number has been confirmed by UrbanPro via OTP, IVR or Manual verification.
- Matched Enquiry (Alert): All approved enquiries get processed by UrbanPro’s proprietary matching algorithm that returns the list of educators and educational institutes, who in their profile, would have indicated their preference for such enquiries. This is called ‘matching’ and it results in enquiries being sent to matching educators. These are the enquiries that you would see on your dashboard once you login to your account as a Tutor or an Institute on UrbanPro.com. These alerts are also sent via App notifications if you have the UrbanPro Tutors App installed on your mobile phone.
Considering the number of steps involved in getting a user to post an enquiry and the methods we use to confirm the genuineness of the phone number entered by the user, UrbanPro.com has a high degree of confidence in the genuineness of the enquiries that we share with our educators. However, if any educator still feels that a certain enquiry was not relevant, UrbanPro has a policy of refunding coins up to a certain maximum (refer to this article: https://help.urbanpro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052788033-How-Can-I-Request-Coins-Refund-For-An-Invalid-Enquiry- )
Please keep in mind that converting an enquiry to a student will require you to work on a number of aspects. Most students compare profiles, look at student reviews, intro videos before they choose their Educator. So, we strongly recommend that you:
- Complete your profile on UrbanPro in all respects
- Share your profile with your current or past students and ask them to post reviews on your profile
- Add content on your profile: complete name, profile photo, rich description, years of experience, an intro video, a set of images showing your classes or featuring your students, languages of instruction, a list of awards, credentials etc
- Get your ID documents verified in order to allow learners or parents to trust you before they select you as their educator
We hope that you will be able to make the best use of UrbanPro.com - like lakhs of other Tutors & Institutes have done so far!